PDA

View Full Version : vodka dosing

MedicalZoa
02/03/2010, 08:51 PM
i am currently dosing vokda in my 175g about 1ml a day to get nitrates down, and there coming down a little. i have tons of brown algea forming and some cyano. im getting a phosban reactor to use with phosban and carbon. can i vodka dose will using carbon and phosban? i also ordered a phsphate test kit to check levels. are the phosphates makeing the brown algae all over?

Genetics
02/03/2010, 09:31 PM
i am currently dosing vokda in my 175g about 1ml a day to get nitrates down, and there coming down a little. i have tons of brown algea forming and some cyano. im getting a phosban reactor to use with phosban and carbon. can i vodka dose will using carbon and phosban? i also ordered a phsphate test kit to check levels. are the phosphates makeing the brown algae all over?

Yes, you can incorporate carbon and phosban without any issues. I would however look around at some other threads where cyano has been an issue. It seems most are trying to substitute vinegar in to help control it or use MB7.

cubow78
02/03/2010, 10:41 PM
if my nitrates are high like 60 80 but all is good even phosphate is 0 should i still dose vodka or do you think my nitrate test is bad. i bought this 75gal used from some lazy guy off of craigslist had it for a month now and its looking 100% better but nitrates still crazy bad even after many water changes. and i do not have any sps or lps yet just some xena and shrooms 4 fish and a large serpant star thankyou for any help pointing me in the right direction