PDA

View Full Version : Too heavy of a bio-load?

princesuhaib
02/03/2010, 09:47 PM
This is what I have now in my tank it is a 75g and 40gL sump

Aquarium Volume: 75AGA RR DT + 40g L Sump
Aquarium Material: Glass - Regular
Aquarium Lighting: Nova Pro Extreme T5 6 Bulb
Aquarium Lighting Bulbs: Whatever came with Nova Pro Extreme T5 6 Bulb
Sump Information:3 Chamber, 40G Long, Phosban 150 GFO, Phosban 150 Carbon
Protein Skimmer:ASM G-2
Powerheads/Wavemakers:2 x Koralia 4
Refugium Information: 40G Long /12 Inches Long, 4inch Sand bed, live rock , 2 sticks of mangrove, chaeto algae, snails, hermit crabs

Fish:

Live Stock:
* spoted mandarin goby
* white/black scotter blenny
* black/orange bi color blenny
* lawnmower blenny
* 2 Orange Spoted Goby
* 2 yellow clown goby mated paired
* 2 black saddle back clown paired
* 2 bangaii cardinal paired
* red stripe goby
* green/blue spoted goby
* long nose hawkfish
* red/white spoted hawkfish
* six line wrasse
* yellow cleaner wrasse
* Yellow Tang
* blue hippo Tang

Refugium:
* blue damsel
* 2 Three stripe damsel

Other Inverts:

* Dresser crab
* White Bubble Tip Anemone
* brown Long Tentacle Anemone w/ purple tips
* marble shrimp
* 2 Peppermint Shrimp
* Pistol Shrimp
* 2 sally light foot
* 2 cleaner shrimp
* 2 camel/humpback Shrimp
* 2 orange starfish
* 2 Clams
Cleanup Crew:

* Turbo Snails
* Nerite, Cerith, Trocchus Snails
* Blue legged hermit crabs
* red/black serpent star

Imzadi
02/03/2010, 09:49 PM
That does seem like a lot.

(Evil Sally Lightfoots... )

Bet its an active tank though.

princesuhaib
02/03/2010, 10:02 PM
That does seem like a lot.

(Evil Sally Lightfoots... )

Bet its an active tank though.

Well since most of the fish are blennys, gobys, and inverts, you dont really see many fish swimming around, so it doesnt look like anything is going on. But Im sure it is very active and everyone is doing their role to make the tank clean and pretty to look at. here is a pic of the tank

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt351/princesuhaib/The%20Tank/19663_638205344602_39101282_3605248.jpg

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt351/princesuhaib/The%20Tank/19663_638205524242_39101282_3605249.jpg

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt351/princesuhaib/The%20Tank/19663_638205639012_39101282_3605249.jpg

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt351/princesuhaib/The%20Tank/19663_638205798692_39101282_3605249.jpg

Shane Hoffman
02/03/2010, 10:06 PM
That is defianetly alot of fish for a 75. That being said you have a ton of live tock and a good size sump, also it appears that you keep up on tank maintnance. You may be ok if you keep up on water changes. Your tank looks great.

princesuhaib
02/03/2010, 10:12 PM
That is defianetly alot of fish for a 75. That being said you have a ton of live tock and a good size sump, also it appears that you keep up on tank maintnance. You may be ok if you keep up on water changes. Your tank looks great.

Hey Thank You! I do have a lot of rock, in the display id say there is aprox 120-150lbs and there is aprox 50lbs in the sump. I do aprox 10-15g water change every week. My entire setup probably has 90-100g of water. Thank You for the comment on the tank pics, it took me a long time to make it look that good and a lot of $, but well worth looking at.

jb61264
02/03/2010, 10:26 PM
I thought I was pushing things in my 75 with a sailfin tang, yellowstripe maroon clown hosting an LTA, starry blenny, orangespot goby/pistol shrimp pair, 4 chromis, firefish, fire shrimp, and bubbletip bristle star...but you definitely have me beat :)

Nice looking tank!

I bet your skimmer cranks out a ton of gunk

princesuhaib
02/03/2010, 10:35 PM
I thought I was pushing things in my 75 with a sailfin tang, yellowstripe maroon clown hosting an LTA, starry blenny, orangespot goby/pistol shrimp pair, 4 chromis, firefish, fire shrimp, and bubbletip bristle star...but you definitely have me beat :)

Nice looking tank!

I bet your skimmer cranks out a ton of gunk

Oh wow thats it? It seems like I have a lot, but really when you look at the tank, you would never think I have that much stuff, it still looks way empty to me IMO.
Yea the skimmer is great, it does pull out a good amount!
Thank you and im glad you enjoy my tank!

Nexenn
02/03/2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah , looks nice... guess im going to the LFS to buy some more fish tomorrow ;)

princesuhaib
02/03/2010, 10:53 PM
Yeah , looks nice... guess im going to the LFS to buy some more fish tomorrow ;)

Thank You!!! :)

What do u got now?

princesuhaib
02/04/2010, 12:48 AM
I will be adding 2 fire shrimp also in the next few days :P I just Love Inverts what can I say :P

princesuhaib
02/04/2010, 09:47 AM
any opinions if i may have too much and why?

Chiefsurfer
02/04/2010, 10:43 AM
Well, I have not heard of too many people saying gobies are big poo producers or not, but a LOT of them are hiders. I am very surprised so many gobies and blennies are comfortable with such little hiding spots from other blennies and gobies.

I think your bioload is OK given the rock, water-volume, and overall small size of most of your fish. That being said, if you have too many gobies or blennies that might pick on the pods, you might have issues with the mandarin and/or scooter blennie. How much refugium space is dedicated to pod reproduction?

princesuhaib
02/04/2010, 10:57 AM
Well, I have not heard of too many people saying gobies are big poo producers or not, but a LOT of them are hiders. I am very surprised so many gobies and blennies are comfortable with such little hiding spots from other blennies and gobies.

I think your bioload is OK given the rock, water-volume, and overall small size of most of your fish. That being said, if you have too many gobies or blennies that might pick on the pods, you might have issues with the mandarin and/or scooter blennie. How much refugium space is dedicated to pod reproduction?

Yes I have plenty of rock work, and a lot of hiding places for all of them, they all have designated area's it seems! The refugium has aprox 16 inches for pod reproduction. with macro algae/chaeto/mangrove/sand/LR/ and a nice light for them to thrive in :)

rogerrgr
02/04/2010, 12:24 PM
Very nice looking tank! I wish I could get my rockwork arranged to look as nice as that! Mine just looks like a big wall with corals stuck everywhere! Is that a trigger fish in the 3rd pic? Does it bother your corals?

princesuhaib
02/04/2010, 01:54 PM
Very nice looking tank! I wish I could get my rockwork arranged to look as nice as that! Mine just looks like a big wall with corals stuck everywhere! Is that a trigger fish in the 3rd pic? Does it bother your corals?

It took a lot of time to get my rock work like that, all i kept thinking about is holes for fish to swim through, so i just kept on building up and up! Yes that was my trigger, I had to get rid of him because he became more mature and ate a few of my fish that I introduced to the tank. He was very tame when he was younger, I would tap the surface of the water and he would come up, and i would pet him and play with him :P amazing looking fish btw