PDA

View Full Version : Mesh mod help

Matt850
02/03/2010, 11:52 PM
I have been reading a lot about mesh mods for my G3 lately and was wondering if I could get some people with experience to give me their opinion. Is it really that much better? Is it difficult to do? The plans I have found seem easy but I am not the biggest do-it-yourselfer. I also plan on adding a gate valve mod to the output of the skimmer but this seems to be very simple and straight forward. Thanks!

I am thinking about getting some enkamat P4 which I have heard is about perfect for this application, any input or suggestions on that?

fishoutawater
02/04/2010, 09:03 AM
I haven't done a sedra pump yet, but with the other ones I have done using fishing line instead of zip ties has worked much better. Fewer startup issues. I will be doing an asm g2 soon.

troylee
02/04/2010, 05:07 PM
Mesh is the way to go!!!! Needlewhes don't compare.... It's as easy as it looks in the pics also.... Just put 3 layers and your set.... Pf4 is the good stuff...:)

tkeracer619
02/04/2010, 09:01 PM
ASMs have a pin wheel not a needle wheel. IMO I would just stick with the pin wheel but you will get a performance increase with the mesh.