PDA

View Full Version : ac jr and lights

naprestsleep
02/04/2010, 01:57 PM
I have a Coral Vue 250w electronic ballast on outlet 4 of a DC-8. Been running two days, day one OK, day two the outlet never turned off despite the AC JR stating its off.

Any suggestions?

naprestsleep
02/04/2010, 04:03 PM
Also can I add 2 IF statements to turn the lights off? IE one at the time I want and the second for say 10 minutes as a fail safe, will the second OFF be sent to the outlet if the controller thinks the outlet is off?

RussM
02/04/2010, 05:58 PM
It's possible the relay stuck closed due to some arcing across the contacts. This can sometimes be fixed by a good sharp rap on the DC8 near the outlet with the heel of your palm or other firm (but not too hard) object.

That ballast is probably better off plugged into one of the solid-state outlets though... #1-#3 or #5-#7.

By default, current state commands are resent out to DC8 and other peripherals every 5 minutes anyway, so having a duplicate OFF statement a few minutes later would serve little purpose.

naprestsleep
02/04/2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the info. Not sure if that was the issue, think it was a loose controller cable.

I made a custom cable with cat 5 and think either the cable was loose or possibly one of the connectors has a loose wire. Once I reconnected the cable and the disconnected the programming cable all worked ok.