PDA

View Full Version : HOB bubble problems

no_Wedge
02/04/2010, 04:14 PM
anyone know how i can stop micro and turbulance bubbles from my hob cpr skimmer and fuge? I don't know where to start.

JGYEAR
02/04/2010, 04:23 PM
Slow down the flow in your sump a little to give the bubbles time to get trapped by the sump. If you can't do take then use a foam block from the LFS in the last trap before the pump intake

no_Wedge
02/05/2010, 06:44 PM
theres no sump it's just directly on the tank. The problem is the fuge gets a lot of turbulence bubbles because it sucks a lot of air with the water when falling. it's a cpr fuge i believe the retun pip is a 1 1/2" pipe that connects to the side of the fuge

JGYEAR
02/06/2010, 02:16 PM
Can you stick a piece of foam block from your local fish supply store in where the water flows out. You can get one that's bigger than the chamber and cut it to size. It may need to be cleaned often to keep the fuge from overflowing. Or maybe you can just simply raise the water level in the tank closer to the Hang on fuge.

no_Wedge
02/06/2010, 09:51 PM
i've tried but it just cuts down on the size of the bubbles, there has to be a way to eliminate or direct just the water flowing out.