PDA

View Full Version : A Gig or a Haddoni?

quickgray02
02/04/2010, 09:27 PM
I have a newbie question?
What is the difference between a Gig or a Haddoni and what is the care level between the to?
Is one easy to care for than the other?
The reason for all the questions is I am thing of getting a blue, green, or maybe a red.

Gig 'em
02/04/2010, 09:42 PM
Haddoni's are MUCH easier to take care of

Toddrtrex
02/04/2010, 10:06 PM
Should note, my personal experience is with Haddonis, been keeping them for 10+ years now.

Haddonis tend to prefer being on/in the sandbed (( usually right at the rock/sand interface )), whereas Gigs tend to prefer being on a rock.

Haddonis tend to prefer lower flow rates, whereas Gigs tend to prefer lots of flow.

While both tend to do better under high lights, Gigs are more dependent on it.

Both have been reported to eat fish, but Haddonis have a worse track record for it.

Both tend to be poor shippers, but Gigs are worse with it.

I wouldn't say that Haddonis are easy, but they are easier then Gigs, but the key to both is to start off with a healthy one.

Personally I have never seen/heard of a red Gig, only a red Haddoni, but those are few are far between. Blue seems to be more common with Gigs then with Haddonis. Green seems fairly common with Haddonis. Gigs (( at least that I have seen )) will have more of a solid color, whereas Haddonis can come in with stripes.

This is what I mean by the stripes,

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/toddrtrex/saddlebackpair3.jpg

larac
02/04/2010, 10:21 PM
If you haven't done so already check out the sticky Clownfish & Anemone Faq at the top of this thread. In the first post click on Anemone Faq and this will download a pdf with a huge amount of info.

Gigs are really fussy about the type of flow they receive, among other things, and should really be considered expert only.

quickgray02
02/06/2010, 12:12 AM
I would like to thank every one for there input.