PDA

View Full Version : Black Clowns

dapro
02/05/2010, 11:48 AM
I am thinking about adding a mated pair of black clowns to my tank. They will be the first fish in to the tank and I am curious if anyone has experience with them in a tank with a black background. Am I going to be able to see them?

jp634
02/05/2010, 11:53 AM
you will have know problem seeing them mine stay real close to the front of the tank

Chiefsurfer
02/05/2010, 12:00 PM
I don't have mind in a tank with black paint on the back, and it's only been 5 days since I purchased, but they do stay right at the front. ALSO, they will likely not be JET black nose to tail. Mine have SLIGHLTY orange fin tips, and the regions near their nose.

Also, you probably don't need to buy a mated pair. If bought as juveniles, there is a VERY GOOD chance they will just pair on their own.

MikeandNicole
02/05/2010, 12:03 PM
I have a pair in a JBJ with a black background, no problem seeing them at all. Mine are jet black nose to tail and even when they sleep towards the back of the tank under a LR bridge I can still see them.

daudelus
02/05/2010, 12:11 PM
Mine is also in a tank with a black background without a problem seeing. I think the metal halides reflect well on the white stripes. I would say go for it and get the pair... they are beautiful fish and as clowns go, they appear to be more docile.. My gold stripe is the aggressor in my tank between the two.

dapro
02/06/2010, 10:45 AM
sounds good. thanks everyone.