PDA

View Full Version : How do I know if I have red bugs?

plancton
02/05/2010, 04:29 PM
My corals are not growing and some look creamy, and I blame it on the fact that I am not changing enough water.

But I exchanged a frag, and the guy said my frag had red bugs, but Ive taken pics, stared at my corals, moved frags etc. And I havenīt seen them, Iīve seen pics on the internet and they look like tiny red beatles, but they donīt seem microscopic, I mean if they are visible to the naked eye then I would have seen them already.

luther1200
02/05/2010, 04:55 PM
Take out a piece that isn't growing well like you said, and inspect it with a magnifying glass. You'd be suprised how much more you can see when you take a frag or colony out of the tank. Or take close up high resolution pictures if you can. Then blow them up on the computer and look at them.

plancton
02/05/2010, 05:08 PM
I already did that and saw nothing, not with a magnifying glass, but I know Im not going blind, I mean say you had an infested tank, you would notice them right?

PokerReefer
02/05/2010, 05:17 PM
Your red bugs will be concentrated on your acros. Look at those very closely. I once had them and didn't notice for awhile as well. I treated my tank with interceptor and all is good. I have clams snails and alot of inverts. All survived except those red bugs ! =)