PDA

View Full Version : A little worried!

Smitty750
02/05/2010, 08:46 PM
Ok so my Ritteri has been in my tank for 1 full day now, and all was well. I got home from work and it looked great it moved to a lower part of the tank and attached to a rock. I fed my fish and fed the anemone 1/2 of a silverside, it stuck to the tentacles and sat there for about 5 minutes than it began to fold the silverside towards its mouth. It than flattened back out and released the silverside but its mouth was open and kind of bulging out. I got home about an hour ago and its mouth looks like its turned inside out a bit. Does this mean this anemone is on its way out or just really stressed from shipping etc. Its amazing looking other than this so it would really suck if this was the end of the road. Anyone have any ideas? All my params are perfect

Jeff
02/05/2010, 08:58 PM
The fact that it moved tells me that it is healthy and adapting to your tank. As long as your tank is stable, it should be fine.

Smitty750
02/05/2010, 09:06 PM
the first 2 pics are from last night 3 hours after I added it to my tank

the next 2 are from before i attempted to feed it

and the last 1 is from 5 minutes ago

Smitty750
02/05/2010, 09:08 PM
2 more from 5 minutes ago

garygb
02/05/2010, 10:59 PM
Be patient and keep an eye on it. It's way too soon to say whether it's going to be okay or not. What kind of lighting do you have?

Smitty750
02/06/2010, 08:08 AM
Well I woke up this morning and all is well mouth is closed I think it was regurgitating something cause its opened up fully and MAN is it way bigger than I thought. Ill try and post some pics when the MH come on. Thanks everyone for youre help

tahoe61
02/06/2010, 08:42 AM
I would try something other than silversides, and I would give it a couple of day before attempting to feed it again. That cleaner shrimp seems to spend alot of time with your anemone, keep an eye on him.