PDA

View Full Version : Yet another T5 Question

CaptainLumber
02/06/2010, 12:06 AM
I'm setting up a 120(2x2x4). I'm going to continue using my 250HQI phoenix 14000k's, but am switching from PC's to T5's for actinic supplimental lighting. I'm trying to figure out which bulbs to use. I've read a number of threads on the subject, but am still a bit puzzled. First thing I would like to know is which brands are considered to be the best quality. Obviously no E-bay specials. Then I need to figure out if I want strictly actinics, like my PC's, or if I want to try adding something else.

rtparty
02/06/2010, 05:10 AM
The good brands are ATI, Geisemann, UVL and some others. Don't waste the money on the actinic T5's. If you want to use straight actinic switch over to T12's. Where the T5's really kick butt is with the blue bulbs i.e ATI Blue Plus and Gmann Actinic Plus.

How many lamps are you looking to run? You could do a 50/50 of the blue bulbs and actinic bulbs. The best actinic out there in T5 is the UVL Super Actinic.

Here is a good site:

http://home.comcast.net/~stevelarsen00/site/?/home/

CaptainLumber
02/06/2010, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the link. I'll be running two 48's in front of halides and two in back of them. I think running the blue/actinic combination makes the most sense too. So that leads to the next question. If the blues are most intense, should they be placed towards the outside edges?

Thanks again,
Andy

rtparty
02/06/2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the link. I'll be running two 48's in front of halides and two in back of them. I think running the blue/actinic combination makes the most sense too. So that leads to the next question. If the blues are most intense, should they be placed towards the outside edges?

Thanks again,
Andy

If I were you I would run 2 ATI Blue Plus, 1 UVL Super Actinic and 1 KZ Fiji Purple.

The Fiji Purple will help pick up some colors that the Halides don't.

ATI Blue Plus
UVL Super Actinic
Halides
Fiji Purple
Blue Plus

CaptainLumber
02/06/2010, 05:46 PM
That's exactly how I'll lay it out. Thanks for the input.

Andy