PDA

View Full Version : New to dosing 2-part

triguy
02/07/2010, 01:24 PM
I've never really dosed for Ca and Alk, but now that I have more sps in my tank I am going to dose BRS two part solution Recipe 1.

I just tested my water and here are the results:
Ca-370
Alk-7.7dkh
Mg-1450

I used the calculator on BRS and chose my desired levels of 400 Ca and 8.5 alk. Please tell me if these should change. The calculator said this is what I need to dose to get these levels.
Ca 353.1ml, 11.9 fl. oz., 70.6 tsp
Alk 65.7 ml, 2.2 fl. oz., 13.1 tsp

How do I go about dosing these amounts?

HighlandReefer
02/07/2010, 02:37 PM
You do not want to add both the alk and calcium supplement at the same time, this could cause precipitation of calcium carbonate. I would dose them around one hour apart to be safe. ;)

I would brake the doses up into 2-3 doses. After the first partial dose, check the calcium and alk levels to see if your increases are correct. In some cases you may estimate your total water volume incorrectly and will have to make adjustments in the calculator total water volume.

triguy
02/07/2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the reply. I look closer at the calculator and it does seem that I am able to dose both in one day since it is not too much of an increase. But I think I'll take your advice and dose over 2 days and one hour apart between each Ca and alk.