PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Pump Module ACQ460 Announced

dbond
02/08/2010, 03:31 PM
Just read that the Tunze module for Aquatronica will finally be available in March

dbond
02/08/2010, 06:53 PM
Although its not linked to their modules web page yet if you want more info go to the Aquatronica web page and use their search feature and search for ACQ460 will show a pic and explain functionality

flying53brian
02/10/2010, 01:00 AM
FINALLY!

That's awesome dbond.

Thanks for the update

RobbyG
02/10/2010, 06:00 PM
Great News.

Rogger Castells
02/12/2010, 10:27 PM
Awesome, I wonder what the price will be

dbond
04/23/2010, 01:21 PM
I just noticed on Aquatronica's web page the AQ460 tunze module is now in production and ready for sale.

RobbyG
04/23/2010, 05:15 PM
Sweet, wish I could afford one but got to watch the pocket right now.

fmelindy
04/25/2010, 01:55 PM
any news on the dimmer module?

dbond
05/04/2010, 09:54 PM
Aquarium Specialty expects the Tunze modules to be in stock in two weeks, just wondering if the module is going to be recognized by the controller without a software update which Aquatronica has not announced as of yet or do you think it will just recognize the module as the Koralia module? I really dont want to end up buying the module and then find out I have to wait for a software update to be released before I can use it.

landy
05/05/2010, 06:11 PM
Aquarium Specialty expects the Tunze modules to be in stock in two weeks, just wondering if the module is going to be recognized by the controller without a software update which Aquatronica has not announced as of yet or do you think it will just recognize the module as the Koralia module? I really dont want to end up buying the module and then find out I have to wait for a software update to be released before I can use it.

im sure they will have the update out by the fall of 2011 :lmao:.

Its possiable that the last update included the needed software, iirc there has been talk of this module since before that update.

i ordered one too, so i guess we can both wait.... :blown:

landy

nemo's janitor
05/13/2010, 08:04 AM
any news on the dimmer module?

http://www.aquatronica.com/news-1/new-lights-products/

Lets hope they do become available this time round. At interzoo 2008 all sorts of promises were made leaving many frustrated and disillusioned.

landy
05/21/2010, 05:41 PM
The acq460 was @ my door when I got home today.

First things: it comes with enough cabling to install TWO pumps… not sure what they are thinking here????

The instruction manual is less than worthless. The majority of the text is spent on the “user licence agreement” yes “licence”.

Next, the system recognized the “dimmer pumps” right away. BUT the software has NO CONTROL TAB. If you go to the help - system information screen, it shows the module is connected, but has no way that I can find to change any setting or do anything for that matter. I tried to update my system, but this made no difference.

The controller has a menu for the module. I will spend some time later testing what this thing is actually capable of.

Anyone else test one of these out yet?

Landy

yettihead
05/21/2010, 08:14 PM
I am waiting for more information on it before I purchase it. I currently have the Tunze 7095 multi-controller. I have an email in to Aquarium Specialty to find out what this can all do.

Landy, any information you can supply I would be greatly appreciative.

Chad

dbond
05/21/2010, 10:49 PM
The acq460 was @ my door when I got home today.

First things: it comes with enough cabling to install TWO pumps… not sure what they are thinking here????

The instruction manual is less than worthless. The majority of the text is spent on the “user licence agreement” yes “licence”.

Next, the system recognized the “dimmer pumps” right away. BUT the software has NO CONTROL TAB. If you go to the help - system information screen, it shows the module is connected, but has no way that I can find to change any setting or do anything for that matter. I tried to update my system, but this made no difference.

The controller has a menu for the module. I will spend some time later testing what this thing is actually capable of.

Anyone else test one of these out yet?

Landy

Mine has not arrived yet ,,, Its seems weird that the controller has the menu option but not the software interface which controller do you have the old or new just curious if there is a difference.

landy
05/21/2010, 11:51 PM
Mine has not arrived yet ,,, Its seems weird that the controller has the menu option but not the software interface which controller do you have the old or new just curious if there is a difference.

new, not that it should make any difference.

Also, I have discovered that you can only turn the pumps down to 10%, making it impossible to run a wave box correctly :mad2:

I took pictures of the menu screen, I will post them up later on. Maybe im missing something.

@ Aquatronica, take a look at the functionality on the Neptune aquaSurf, and the tunze 7096. integrate these features, then release a software update... PLEASE, and how about doing so rather quickly..

landy

landy
05/23/2010, 01:59 PM
Here is a half a$$ed layout of the sreens.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1811&pictureid=15951

dbond
05/26/2010, 07:30 PM
From looking at the screen shots I think its going to offer me alot more flexibility than the 7095 Im using now seems like you can enter multiple programs for each pump at least I hope.
The minimum power being 10% will not be an issue for me Im using nanostreams not a wavebox and I dont go below 30% helps extend the pump life.
I just noticed you say you only received cables for 2 pumps the AQ website states you should get 4 one for each pump if I only get 2 cables I will let you know as Im sure their not easy to come by.

landy
05/26/2010, 09:19 PM
From looking at the screen shots I think its going to offer me alot more flexibility than the 7095 Im using now seems like you can enter multiple programs for each pump at least I hope.
The minimum power being 10% will not be an issue for me Im using nanostreams not a wavebox and I dont go below 30% helps extend the pump life.
I just noticed you say you only received cables for 2 pumps the AQ website states you should get 4 one for each pump if I only get 2 cables I will let you know as Im sure their not easy to come by.

Yes, you can enter multiple programs for one pump. I have mine setup so 2 - 6305 are on during light hours, and only one is on at a low speed during the dark hours.

And I’m pretty sure you are only getting 2 cables. The manual has a picture of what you get, and well, there are only two cables in that picture. As for getting more, I will just make some.

Another reason this module cannot run a wavebox is the shortest cycle time is 1 second. I need tenths to make a wave.

And why you cannot set the pump to zero is beyond me. What if I want to have a pump on at 45% for 5 minutes, and then off for 2 minutes? Why would you limit me to 10%, when technically you should never run the pump below 30% anyways? When you control the pumps with the manual menu, then you can set them from 0 to 10-100%.
The option for both manual and auto mode should be 0 then 30-100%. Or at least give us the full range.

Also, as far as I can tell, there is no interaction with any other systems. You cannot control the dimmer pump with the function buttons, sequences, or XY programs. It cannot be affected by temperature, ph, or any other module. It almost acts as a stand alone system

It sure would be nice if someone form AQ would speak up. Was it there intention to release this product with no software support, and little to no interaction with the preexisting systems?

Landy

dbond
05/27/2010, 08:15 AM
I would not hold my breathe waiting for a response from AQ I posted a question about the module on their direct support forum May 5th still no response, if I didnt have so much already invested in the system I would be moving to a new system.

landy
05/27/2010, 09:57 AM
if I didnt have so much already invested in the system I would be moving to a new system.

Unfortunately I couldn’t agree more…

yettihead
05/27/2010, 07:30 PM
You can trying emailing Aquarium Specialty. I did and Aquatronica answered my questions when Scott sent them in.

Chad

RobbyG
06/02/2010, 02:50 PM
Landy just make a post in the forum requesting an update to the software, they have given us about 95% of what we have asked for, so if it's possible I am sure they will tweak the code.

dbond
06/09/2010, 08:56 PM
Well I finally got my Tunze module and Landy you were right they only give you cables to connect two pumps not happy what the [email protected]# are they thinking why would anyone want to buy a device to control 4 pumps as its designed for and not get the cables to go with it and they dont even have the cables listed as a spare part that you can buy on their website.
Honestly this company has a great product but their marketing sales group if they even have one is the worst I dont even know if I will bother with the interface I was hoping to replace my 7095 and have everything integrated to AQ but it now means I will have to butcher a couple of the Tunze cables figure out the wiring scheme and then if the unit does not perform properly I will have to go out and buy more cables to go back to the Tunze controller what a complete waste of time.

landy
06/10/2010, 07:03 AM
I will have to butcher a couple of the Tunze cables figure out the wiring scheme

Do not do that. The connectors are easily attainable. Mouser will have both ends. The tunze ends are standard midi connectors, and I have purchased the aquatronica “proprietary” ends in the two pin configuration when making level sensors. Off the top of my head I don’t remember exactly which ones they are, but will figure it out.

I haven’t done anything to this point, as my third pump is the wavebox, and I have already gone over why that won’t work. But if you need to run more than two pumps, lmk, I will come up with a parts list for you. And honestly, even if AQ had the cabling, I wouldn’t give them any more of my money until they make it right with this module…

Landy