PDA

View Full Version : Anemone hosting w/pair

iketoon
02/10/2010, 05:00 PM
I have a pair of tomatoes and I have had them for about 2days already. They have been swimming together and sleeping together but today I purchased a BTA and the female is hosting it just fine. She loves it and digs herself in there however the male has not gone in. Any advice or should I just be more patient and see what happens tonight.

WaffleWalffle22
02/10/2010, 05:25 PM
Give him time. The female is in, the male will be in within a few weeks, if not days.

r2nj
02/10/2010, 05:36 PM
Give him time. The female is in, the male will be in within a few weeks, if not days.

Agree. Give it time. If the clowns are getting along, they will eventually share the host.

j917
02/10/2010, 07:56 PM
yea u might want to gave it some time.it only been a day.if not u can try putting in one more bta and maybe the male would host.being it has its own and than they may share.i had this happen to my pair of maroons and they seem to get along just fine and they host both bta.all depends on the clown.

SFeST
02/11/2010, 01:24 AM
Perfectly normal,

I have a tomato pair, took almost 3 weeks before the female let the male in.

iketoon
02/11/2010, 09:05 AM
thanks everyone for the advice.

update: the male still has not gone in the BTA, but a few times I noticed he tried but the female would come out towards him and turn around and fan her tail and he would submit on his side. During the night he slept in their corner that they both would sleep in before I got the BTA and her in the BTA. This morning I find both sleeping in the same corner.

again thanks for the words...

arioch
02/11/2010, 11:25 AM
The male probably insulted the mother in law so the female is making him sleep on the sofa. They'll make up soon enough. :)

stevetcg
02/11/2010, 02:54 PM
As they get closer to spawning, you will find they are harder to separate. My Occs would wander all around. Now they have spawned the first time, I cant find a time that they are more than 8 inches apart, day and night.

So +1 give it time.