PDA

View Full Version : Loud!

eznet2u
02/11/2010, 02:35 PM
I received my first Vortech Mp40w on Monday. Yeah...

Today I am ready to send it back for a refund and buy something else.
This thing is loud! I have adjusted it every way possible. I can't get rid of the whrrr....whrrr....whrrr... :mad2:

reefsafe
02/11/2010, 02:57 PM
what mode are you running it in? Pulse mode is the loudest. If that is too loud I would suggest trying REEFCREST

eznet2u
02/11/2010, 03:01 PM
I'll give it a try. Thanks.

cbrguy
02/12/2010, 08:44 AM
I have the same problem. I have two that sound like a truck and two that are quiet. All four are on reefcrest mode.

d2mini
02/12/2010, 11:10 AM
Mine are super quiet. Just a light hum. Two of them. On reef crest mode.
They do get quieter over the course of a week or two, and they have to be perfectly centered.

stealle
02/12/2010, 02:41 PM
I plan on getting a couple of these pumps in upcoming months. I wish some of you guys would post a video WITH audio of your "quiet" vs "loud" pumps. I think loudness is very subjective, but I don't see how one person can say "loud" and another person say "super quiet" when talking about the same product. It would be interesting to see (and hear) a video shot from across the room maybe 10 ft away from the tank. I mean, if some of these pumps are truly "super quiet" while others are "loud", I think I would ask EcoTech to send a new one, but only after they have tested it out on one of their tanks to make sure you get a quiet one.

d2mini
02/12/2010, 03:12 PM
Here ya go. You really have to turn the volume up to hear them and I think they've gotten quieter since.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MEmSqpYxFo
near the middle you can hear my dog shake his collar, which is quite a bit louder. lol
There's another video of mine there, taken several days after this one, but i'm talking in it.