PDA

View Full Version : Elegance bleaching out!!!

kurcoba
02/12/2010, 12:40 AM
Hi everybody I need some help, I have had this elegance for about
one month and a half and it was very happy until one week ago.
Water parameters test good.
I m running MH.
I need some advice from people who's been keeping this coral happy.

Thanks.

Mathews Z7
02/12/2010, 07:35 AM
is it staying inflated? pics?

kurcoba
02/12/2010, 08:04 AM
Yes, it's inflated but the tentacles are short
I ll post some pics later.

alovely
02/12/2010, 08:50 AM
Ok I had the same problem well my dad did then I took the elegance off his hands. What is the water temp? Also can you post all your params anyways. The elegance is still inflated and you still see the mouths right? Try target feeding and how fast did the bleaching go it was over a period of time right? The reason why it is losing color could also be lack of nutrients in the tank. What are you dosing the tank with?

elegance coral
02/12/2010, 08:23 PM
Where did the coral come from? Indonesian Elegance corals almost always die. The Australian Elegance don't suffer the same fate.

Corals will bleach for many reasons. I would move it to a more shaded area, until you determine why it's bleaching.

Those pic's would really be helpful.

kurcoba
02/13/2010, 01:09 PM
101069this morning I saw my copperband nipping on him, that could be one of the reasons!

kurcoba
02/13/2010, 01:12 PM
The pic. is was taken this morning.
I m dosing Lugol's, kent trace elements , Mg, and I m running a Ca reactor.

Mathews Z7
02/13/2010, 02:46 PM
The pic. is was taken this morning.
I m dosing Lugol's, kent trace elements , Mg, ................

i would hope you aren't dosing anything that you aren't testing and have determined a need to dose. you could well be overdoing it with the iodine. never dose just to be dosing, always test and make sure there is a need, most of the time you'll find water changes and your CaCO3 reactor are doing enough on their own.