PDA

View Full Version : New Coral

bianjd
02/12/2010, 05:31 AM
Hello,
I went to Aquatica in Tinley Park IL. and pick up two corals and two fish for my tank. I think this is a great store lots of knowledge and selections but I pick up a duncan coral and I looked at so many and asked about alot I cant remember where he said to put this coral either in the upper part of my tank or not it dont seem like it is opening all the way if anyone could help I would appreciate it

Thanks in advance
Jeremiah

bianjd
02/12/2010, 07:18 AM
bump

betamed
02/12/2010, 07:41 AM
duncans can do fine in a range of lighying, However, without knowing your light set up and tank depth I hesitate to make a recommendation. They love to be fed as well.

ChadTheSpike
02/12/2010, 07:43 AM
Duncans like med-ish flow (not too wild) and dont need very much light, usually that translates to a lower position in the tank, in the wild they can be found growing out of the sand. Also, they reward feeding with fast growth, feed with meaty foods like mysis or small chunks of silversides and whatnot several times a week.

bianjd
02/12/2010, 08:15 AM
thanks for the feed back but some more info it is a 120gal. 48x24x24 and i have a 8x54w HO/T5 fixture

ChadTheSpike
02/12/2010, 08:24 AM
They are naturally found in deep water, and will adapt to almost any lighting conditions they are very hardy. Find a spot that has med-low flow, watch it to see if its polyps fully extend, if not, move it to a lower flow area and try again... If that spot is has very little light, then feed it more often (up to daily)... Its hard to go wrong with Duncans, they are great corals.