PDA

View Full Version : impulse buy

matttu1983
02/12/2010, 08:44 PM
ok, so I made an impulse buy when I was at my lfs. I found the tiniest cutest little True Perc Clown. my question is, is there anything special I should know about them. amazingly he seems to be trying to host in my condy which I was told almost never happens :spin1:

elegance coral
02/12/2010, 08:55 PM
You live on Big Pine? Man I want to live there sooooooo bad. Whoops. Sorry about that. Back to the subject. :lmao:

Perc's are easy to care for. You will probably want to pair it up in the future, so if I were you, I'd go ahead and get a larger perc to pair it with.

Perc's have been known to use condy's as a host. I've also had clowns kill Condy's and some people claim that their Condy ate their clown. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes it doesn't.

matttu1983
02/13/2010, 08:30 AM
I will have to start looking for a larger one I guess then, it would be nice to pair him up. that was going to be my next question. I guess I will have to keep an eye on him and the nem though I would hate for him to be come lunch! where in central florida are you? the wife and I have been thinking about a move towards the Port Charlotte area.

phil519
02/13/2010, 11:30 AM
any pics? they aren't the greatest of swimmers so just be careful if he's really tiny.

jt_milstead
02/13/2010, 11:35 AM
Agree with both you guys. If they are really small they arent good swimmers and are easy targets for more aggressive fish. I think clowns do better in pairs. Do you have a pic of him/her?

matttu1983
02/13/2010, 12:33 PM
i will post a pic as son as my camera comes back home.