PDA

View Full Version : 95g tank do I have enough lighting? 520w

krisko
02/14/2010, 10:55 AM
I have a 95 gallon tank and was wondering what restictions I have on corals, that I can put in.

Right now I have 2 orbit current usa 48inch structers on my tank. Each one puts out 260w has day time and antic bulbs. I have 520w total they are PC lighting, so not the best. The tank is 24" tall 48" long 18" wide.

syrinx
02/14/2010, 11:19 AM
I don`t think you will have too many restrictions on coral- although you may have to test a bit with frags of high light loving acroporas to see if they will do okay. I would avoid clams and anemones, other than perhaps a BTA at the top. People are down on PCs- but there are thousands of great looking tanks that use them. I don`t use them as first choice-but all the tanks I have them on do great.

bertoni
02/14/2010, 04:59 PM
That lighting should be fine for soft corals and other less light-demanding animals. I liked the PC lighting on my systems, but it isn't as strong as other systems.

I agree that clams and anemones are a risk, although I think most high-light corals might have a problem, particularly lower in the tank.