PDA

View Full Version : Sixline Wrasse Dorsal Fin Gone.....

slosrtnick
02/14/2010, 02:02 PM
Hi, i have a new bicolor angelfish and a sixline wrasse fighting over dominance and they seemed fine yesterday, but i woke up today and found that the sixline was missing about all of his dorsal fin. Could it be that the angel bit it off? I didn't see any biting yesterday when i introduced the angel, just flaring up between the two fish, then backing down.

My question is if the sixline will grow a new dorsal fin, or will he just be missing one for the rest of his life?

He seems to be doing fine swimming, but i am worried about him. I really want my fish to get along in the tank.

I see no more signs of aggression between the two fish today, so i guess they established the dominant one, but i really want my sixline to have a dorsal fin again.

Please let me know the answer.

Thanks
Nick

tibob32
02/14/2010, 02:51 PM
My sixline "puffs" up when he sees a threat (which seems to be any new fish for him) but when he's comfy around everyone, he just lowers his dorsal fin. are you sure his fin is gone and not just retracted?

slosrtnick
02/14/2010, 02:54 PM
My sixline "puffs" up when he sees a threat (which seems to be any new fish for him) but when he's comfy around everyone, he just lowers his dorsal fin. are you sure his fin is gone and not just retracted?

I am mostly sure that it's missing. I see some chopped looking scales on top where the dorsal fin would be and he usually just puffs up for no reason daily while looking at himself in the glass, but no puffing up yet.

I will update if i see anything else. I was just told that it will grow it back eventually as well, so i am glad to hear that.

Nick

Fretfreak13
02/14/2010, 03:03 PM
Any possible way to give us some pictures?

slosrtnick
02/14/2010, 03:23 PM
Any possible way to give us some pictures?

I can go to my parent's house and borrow their camera and have pics for you late tonight.

Keep checking this thread.

Nick

tibob32
02/14/2010, 04:16 PM
Good luck, I tried getting a good shot of my sixline and gave up. It's out and in the rocks every 3 seconds. takes me longer than that to get the focus set