PDA

View Full Version : Crazy

Gotsoup
02/15/2010, 04:07 PM
I saw something crazy today. A shop in San Jose was selling a Blue Ring Octopus for 40 bucks. I had heard rumors these things were sold through forums but never actually seen it.:eek1: They said they sell them all the time and make buyers sign a waiver releasing them of all liability. Ridiculous...

Stuart60611
02/15/2010, 04:33 PM
They better hope that the waiver of liability was carefully drafted by counsel for this particular kind of transaction. Otherwise, there is a distinct possibility that the waiver will be as useful as toilet paper in terms of liability protection. A form waiver of liability will do little, to no good, in this regard.

jd474
02/15/2010, 04:59 PM
Yes, they are always on vendor lists, and only run about $10. What I can't believe, though, is the guy who took the risk to collect the thing, and for probably $.25

Gotsoup
02/15/2010, 08:28 PM
Very true, I had read they were in the trade, but never actually witnessed one for sale. I doubt it was drafted by a lawyer, it was in a shopping center and seemed to be run by a small asian family. It even included a shrine of various foods to a Buddha statue under their main display tank.