PDA

View Full Version : Replacing RO System under the kitchen sink

eho72
02/17/2010, 11:41 AM
Is it possible to replace my existing RO system that has been used for drinking water so that I can get both RO water for drinking and RO/DI for the reef aquarium? How could I set this up so that the drinking water can be dispense from the top of the kitchen sink and have a hose coming out from under the cabinet to fill my reserve tank for the aquarium? Please recommend for me a package through PM. Thank you.

Thefilterguys
02/17/2010, 10:46 PM
PM sent!

Jim

eho72
02/21/2010, 12:23 AM
Thank you for answering my questions. I have placed an order for the 75 GPD FIVE STAGE OCEAN REEF RO/DI SYSTEM. Looking forward to not having to go to the LFS lugging all those water containers with me.

Thefilterguys
02/21/2010, 08:12 PM
Please read your PM answer.

Jim

eho72
02/28/2010, 04:28 PM
Now that I have the RODI + drinking water kit hooked up, I read through the manual and not sure on a couple of subjects:

1. Do I flush the membrane each time after making RODI water for the fish tank? Not sure since I am using the RO water for drinking everyday.

2. In the instruction, it said to turn off the water line after making the RODI water. Since this has a drinking water tank, I am assuming that I do not need to turn anything off. Does the water automatically stop flowing through the RODI filters after the water tank is full?

Thefilterguys
02/28/2010, 06:08 PM
With a water tank we recommend opening the membrane flush valve once a week for five minutes but be sure you reclose the valve or the waste line will run forever.

With the RO system no need to shut the water off and as long as you have 50 psi or higher the auto shutoff valve will shut the waste water flow off once the tank is full and a shutoff valve is used on the DI.

Jim

eho72
02/28/2010, 08:06 PM
Great! Thank you for the reply. For anyone else interested in the drinking water add on, I did a drinking water test with my family. One cup with the new RO filtered water, the other with the bottled water we always drink. To my surprise, they all thought the water from the new RO unit taste better than our normal bottled drinking water. They were hesitant to drink the water from the the RO unit, but not anymore after I revealed the result.

Thefilterguys
02/28/2010, 09:26 PM
Interesting test the system does produce what I consider highest quality drinking water which is better then bottled water.

Jim