PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my Miracle aquarium

abell
02/17/2010, 06:44 PM
I ordered my tank today 48x24x24 starphire plus a custom build stand that will match my cabinets sitting 36" high (wanted to keep it countertop level kitchen) from Miracle Aquariums. I was told it will take 6-8 weeks to build and then ship to me. So now I need to figure out everything else I need to purchase while waiting on my tank.

I plan to go dominate SPS with a few exceptions, I have a rbta and hammer coral that will transfer over. With that said I could really use some brain storming on lights, skimmer, and reactor. Plus anything else that I could greatly benefit from.

I havent ordered a canopy because I planned on going with infinity light set from Geisemann but everyone and there brother says not to spend the money on it. So I may look to add a canopy. Will start to post pics as soon as the tank is in.

Here is where my new tank is going. Current tank is moving to a diffrent wall plus pics of my 34 gallon solana. Will be sliding china cabinet a few inches to make room for my 2 vortechs. Pulling one of the mp10 off the solana and going to add a mp20.

http://s1018.photobucket.com/home/Mgreco80

Would like to keep some things less expensive while others (skimmer) I want to be overpowering I suppose. Thanks for any advice!!!

Johnny C
02/18/2010, 12:13 AM
Coming from someone who owned one, GREAT choice on going with the Miracles tank! ;)

I really like the dimensions, 120's are awesome. I definatly wouldn't put a canopy over such a beautiful tank but it <i>would</i> save you money if you retro-fitted your lights. Personally, I'd look into an eight-bulb ATI T5 Fixture because it looks awesome and would provide plenty of light for whatever livestock you plan to house.

As far as a skimmer goes, you've surely got a ton to choose from. Look into the ATB Cones or if your willing to shed the coin, a Bubble King Mini.

Your living room looks awesome and the tank will definatly look great. Keep us updated once it arrives! :)

Dejavu
02/18/2010, 03:57 AM
Congrat's on the new tank. You will love Miracle"s work.