PDA

View Full Version : 2 Missing Clowns in 2 Months

Mastermind
02/17/2010, 07:27 PM
I have (had) a pair of B&W Occ clowns in my tank, but in mid-December the male went missing. After looking for him for weeks, I decided it was time to replace him mid-January. I took my son to the LFS and let him pick out his (my) favorite (he's 6 months old... anything that moves, he loves). We grabbed a beautiful Misbar Occ, whom matched right up with our remaining female B&W. Well, a few weeks later (TODAY!) the misbar went missing. I just pulled the filter socks, moved rocks around, checked everywhere... no clowns!

I don't have much else in the tank... just a small anemone, some zoo's, the female B&W, green mandarin, and a pistol shrimp that I hear, but never see.

Is it possible that the pistol had something to do with this?

I should note, both clowns looked healthy before going missing.

Sugar Magnolia
02/18/2010, 10:41 AM
It's possible that it died in the tank for some reason and your clean up crew took care of the remains.

Mastermind
02/18/2010, 11:29 AM
Well the wife just called me. She found some hermits feasting on my Green Mandarin. Looks like it's some other problem in the tank. She's pulling rocks out right now to try and find corpses of the clowns. The mandarin was dead already, I'm sure, before the hermits got to it.

IPowderBlueTang
02/18/2010, 04:51 PM
Most likely they are in the rocks wedge in when they got sick and died.

Mastermind
02/18/2010, 10:19 PM
Most likely they are in the rocks wedge in when they got sick and died.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, also. This tank has been on autopilot for the past 3 years.... now that my son is of age to have the fish and colors catch his eye, everything in the tank starts dying! :sad1: I'm actually getting ready to order a new tank, and by the time I have everything completed, and the tank cycled, he'll be old enough to pick fish out with me instead of trying to eat them.

N-dog
02/18/2010, 11:02 PM
i had a trigger that jumped into my over flow he was there for like 2 days before i found him (still alive too)