PDA

View Full Version : SoR's 28G Nano - FOWLR for Now

Son of Red
02/19/2010, 02:15 PM
New to the site and somewhat new to SW. Spent months researching marine tanks ages ago and never quite got started, but just put in an order for a JBJ 28g Nano w/ HQI lighting.

Will start of as a FOWLR and if things go well eventually hopefully transform to a reef tank.

Since I have some time before it gets here would love to hear some feedback on stocking list, watch-outs, etc.

Current thinking:

Aragonite Sandbed
LR - would like to start with 50-75% base and 25-50% LR if I can find some decently priced local source which is not going to be easy I fear.

CUC - would appreciate some advice here. I've seen a wide variety of reco's on hermits and snails. TBS recommends 1 hermit per gallon! that's a lot of crabs!

After cycling and CUC settled in I'm thinking a clown pair and maybe a dottyback or goby. Want to keep the bio load minimal. I also want to stick to tank bred fish so am somewhat limited there choice wise.

What do you think?

I want to try to keep things small and simple at least for a while. Minor upgrades are a possibility re: pumps etc. but I won't be doing any drilling or major tank mods. I might add a HOB Fuge but I think the model I ordered has space for on in the back.