PDA

View Full Version : i want to build a rock foam wall

autococker3
02/20/2010, 05:04 AM
i want to build a wall in my 75. i have a few questions about it. my tank is up and running for 2 years i have 150lbs live rock 7 fish or so and 15 corals. i have crushed coral as substrate. what i want to do is build the wall and remove all the substrate and replace w white sand. not live. put wal in and re situate the live rock in tank prob not using all the live rock. sense im not puting live rock on the wall and sand on the botttom of tank thats not live do you thnk i have to wait for tank to re cycle itself or not. i also have a 30 gal fuge. any help would be greatly app.

csa dad
02/20/2010, 08:42 AM
if you have a wet/dry you should be allrigt because you have alot of the bb in the wet/dry you might start a mini cycle

snowman82
02/20/2010, 11:36 AM
you will start a cycle, especially with the amount of sand your putting in. if you can add the sand slowly over a long time period that would be the best but there will still be a cycle, more than likely algae blooms

autococker3
02/20/2010, 01:54 PM
i have a 30gallon fuge. i was hoping that would take care of the cycle. unless its because im changing all the substrste.

snowman82
02/20/2010, 02:22 PM
the fuge has nothing to do with a cycle...by adding the sand and the dry rock there will be alot of die off still, which will create ammonia which will more thank likely kill the pods in your fuge. then you start all over... i could be wrong though

autococker3
02/21/2010, 06:32 AM
the fuge has nothing to do with a cycle...by adding the sand and the dry rock there will be alot of die off still, which will create ammonia which will more thank likely kill the pods in your fuge. then you start all over... i could be wrong thoughso im better off getting live white sand to help with the cycle.and also where can i get the z poxy from, ive been to all the localcstores and they dont have any. is there a substitute. and no one seems to have pond foam this time of year here. is the depot foam ok to use as long as i coat it with epoxy and sand i will be protected. does one foam last any longer then the other.