PDA

View Full Version : leopard wrasse question

gtstylez87
02/21/2010, 08:31 PM
i bought a leopard wrasse (macropharyngodon meleagris) about a month ago. I saw him the first and second day. then i didn't see him and i thought he died. then he showed up today and was swimming around. he was out for like 10 minutes then he was gone. he was nice and fat so i think he's been eating. is this normal???

mtbiker41
02/21/2010, 08:43 PM
my wifes lw hid for the first few months off and on.hes now over 4 years old and is out all the time .hes been a really tough fish,as he lived thru my wifes 90 gallon catching on fire underneath it then busting while we were both out of town.my son was the on the phone with me when it put it out so I told to him scoop up all the fish and corals he could and put in the bathtub with the liverock and use the water for a water change for it .he lived in that tub for over 2 months while we set up another tank for them.

iamwrasseman
02/21/2010, 09:34 PM
very normal and you may not be around while he is "sneaking"out for a meal of pod picking . also they have difficulty with getting their jet lag back in order and sometimes it takes a bit for them to get on the correct light schedule

gtstylez87
02/21/2010, 10:13 PM
thanks. i didn't think they where that tuff. i think hes been eating left over pe mysis shrimp, because i dont have any copepods in my tank.

tcmfish
02/21/2010, 10:32 PM
There is a primer on leopard wrasses.

iamwrasseman
02/22/2010, 05:34 PM
yes you should check it out as it may have some helpfull hints .