PDA

View Full Version : bta questions

rennne39
02/24/2010, 07:34 PM
my bta was in the back of the tank I took the rock he was on and moved him to the middle of the tank in the front. will this be ok also I just got him about two days ago and he is about 8 inch round and he will not eat any sliverfish what else can I feed him

chitownclown
02/24/2010, 07:37 PM
Just let him do his thing if he move to the back of the tank just leave him there, he might be trying to adjust to the lighting or just looking for a good place to set up, either way just let him do his thing and I wouldn,t worry about feeding him for 5 to 7 days as it takes time for them to adjust to there new enviroment.

rennne39
02/24/2010, 07:42 PM
ok thanks so much for the help

chitownclown
02/24/2010, 07:49 PM
Also I recommoned to all anemone owner not to feed silversliders as I find them to be a junky food and have cause some deaths to nem in the past( or at least we seem to belive this is the same factor in all cases) but I like to feed some clam, mysis shrimp, Raw shrimp pieces, grouper and salmon. Basically any fresh seafood item from the market.

StillerNat
02/24/2010, 07:52 PM
i never directly feed my rbta because of the same horror stories that chitown has mentioned. my rbta moved around for months (10) before settling in 1 spot.
if you want to indirectly feed him. feed your tank som mysis, cyclopeeze and add a few small squirts of oyster eggs into the water. it will be fed from that in the water column.

rennne39
02/24/2010, 08:32 PM
ok i will try that then

StillerNat
02/24/2010, 09:06 PM
sry double post