PDA

View Full Version : I can NOT find it

lilredwuck
02/26/2010, 02:01 AM
I am looking for a fish safe 10.something oz TUBE of black silicone for less than 15!! plus shipping. I have looked online, all I can find is around $20 shipped, and it seems a rip, as I just buy GE silicone 1 at Walmart for $4. All they carry is clear. I have been to the hardware chains, and I can't find anything that is 100% silicone in BLACK at all. I'll bite the bullet soon, as I need it, but figured I would ask here first.... Thanks..
BTW I have checked ALL hobby shops and all they carry is the 3 oz squeeze tubes. They are $8, but I do a MUCH better job with a caulking gun. I usually just use my wet finger, but would something like masking tape make that perfect line? I have tried the corner caulk smoother things sold, but they suck.

uncleof6
02/26/2010, 04:15 AM
That is because you have not read my posts.....;) they come in 10.1 oz (300ml):

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/search.shtml?searchQuery=RTV103&op=search&Ntt=RTV103&N=0&sst=subset

There is probably a grainger in a location near you....so it can be yours for under $15.00, with no shipping.......(not including gas)

2300 East 18th Street, Kansas City - <table class="ts"><tbody><tr><td style="line-height: normal;" valign="top"><nobr>(816) 241-5600</nobr></td></tr></tbody></table>

1200 Missouri 210, Kansas City - <table class="ts"><tbody><tr><td style="line-height: normal;" valign="top"><nobr>(816) 454-2434</nobr></td></tr></tbody></table>
Regards,

Jim

1st timer
02/26/2010, 11:56 AM
just so you know, Grainger in my city (Huntsville, AL) won't sell to individuals only businesses.
So maybe have a friend who has a business go with or pick up for you.

uncleof6
02/26/2010, 05:29 PM
just so you know, Grainger in my city (Huntsville, AL) won't sell to individuals only businesses.
So maybe have a friend who has a business go with or pick up for you.

Grainger will do a courtesy sale, for non - businesses, as long as the material is not hazardous.

Jim

kahkaw
02/27/2010, 12:38 AM
I got some from grainger and I just gave them my work name. They will accept any legit business as long as you pay cash and like Jim said, its not a hazardous material. Grainger wont charge it to the business and they dont contact the business ant tell them you bought something under their name.

At least I can say this for my local Grainger. I cant speak for them all.

Eric

ERICinFL
02/27/2010, 11:53 AM
That's how I got mine. My fire department has an account with them though, so I had to make it VERY clear I was paying cash. I can only imagine the headache, had they charged their account.

Honest Chief! I'm gonna put the tank in the station! :lol: