PDA

View Full Version : import agressive fish to canada

TurtleThompson
02/28/2010, 02:40 AM
Anyone know of a company that imports rare agressive fish to canada? I've been saving up to set up an eel tank, but have hit a snag. I can't find a company that imports eels to canada (BC) The closest I have come to finding an eel in my city is an engineer goby (i thought it was a tiny zebra moray, glass was covered in algae and water was very murky.) I have found the little fish company, but they only sell to retailers and they dont list their stock, although a lfs they supply is across the street. And apparently this lfs can special order me some eels, but I'd prefer not to since they charge $300 for a panther grouper and $100 for a yellow tang to name a few of their ridiculous prices.

Korrine
02/28/2010, 07:46 AM
wow. wish I could help you.

a.stebel
02/28/2010, 07:58 AM
Have you called any places in Ontario? Try looking at the sponsors on AquariumPros.

joeyt66
02/28/2010, 08:56 AM
theres lots of dealers in the toronto, ottawa, kingston area. Im sure thet could overnight ship to you.pm if you cant find any and i can give you some direct emails.
What sort of eels are you looking for?

sevendigitcake
02/28/2010, 10:42 AM
try jl aquatics, they are in bc and they get some good stuff in

TurtleThompson
02/28/2010, 04:27 PM
ok thanks. i'm looking for either a dragon moray, a koke eel, a kidako eel, or other members of the Enchelycore genus ( i find them to be really cool and mean looking fish). I only plan on keeping 2 possibly 3 eels.

Argentiner
03/08/2010, 05:09 PM
Ocean City in Calgary has a dragon moray right now. Not sure how much it is, but you could call them. They've had it for a while now.

HASBRO
03/08/2010, 08:46 PM
Try TheReefShoppe in Lloydminster, Kelly should be able to get you pretty much anything you want at a fair price.