PDA

View Full Version : power heads

andy99
02/28/2010, 11:42 AM
i am looking to buy new power heads and i was wondering if i should go with the tunze directional one or the new vortech

cubsFAN
02/28/2010, 11:46 AM
what size tank? what kind of corals? Which tunze directional one? If youre just wondering which is a better product tunze or vortech its like asking ford or chevy. If you are more specific about your set up the folks here can help a little more.

andy99
02/28/2010, 12:07 PM
what size tank? what kind of corals? Which tunze directional one? If youre just wondering which is a better product tunze or vortech its like asking ford or chevy. If you are more specific about your set up the folks here can help a little more.

i have a 150 gal reef with 3 toad stools, 2 large figure leathers, 1 very large hamer head, 1 small torch, i anemone 5 years old, 1 plate coral, and misc sps

andy99
02/28/2010, 12:12 PM
the tunze one that is directional is tunze Turbelle stream i like the feature that it is directional instead of the vortech not be able to ajust were the water goes

cubsFAN
02/28/2010, 12:28 PM
What are the dimensions of the tank? Are you sps dominant? Do you have a sump(return pump)? I have no experience with the Vortechs, but my experience with tunze's are that they make a great product. Quiet and efficient. There are a lot of options with tunze and I like the 6025's I have. You'll need bigger pumps than that of course. My choice would be to go with 3-4 tunzes on a multicontroller. You also may want to look into the new koralia pumps if you are on a budget. They are supposed to work well on a cheap controller. You could get plenty of quality flow for probably half the cost of tunzes or vortechs.

andy99
02/28/2010, 12:44 PM
What are the dimensions of the tank? Are you sps dominant? Do you have a sump(return pump)? I have no experience with the Vortechs, but my experience with tunze's are that they make a great product. Quiet and efficient. There are a lot of options with tunze and I like the 6025's I have. You'll need bigger pumps than that of course. My choice would be to go with 3-4 tunzes on a multicontroller. You also may want to look into the new koralia pumps if you are on a budget. They are supposed to work well on a cheap controller. You could get plenty of quality flow for probably half the cost of tunzes or vortechs.

right know i am on no buget i am having little reef build me a new custom sump and refgium my dimision on my tank are 72x20x29 i just want good equpment i have a vortech right know the older version but i like the features of tunze that they are directional i can say i am a slight sps dominated i also posted about buying a chiller and not that many responds any sujetion thank you for ur help