PDA

View Full Version : The question of the day to tease your brain(water question)

agreeive?fish
03/01/2010, 04:46 PM
well its not that big of a question but your reading the thread so here is the background info...then the question

Background
I recently moved into my new house and i had to combine the occupants of 2 tanks into one while i did some floor joist supporting since the floor joist ran the wrong direction for the perfered tank locations

will be splitting live rock between the tanks.. new sand in the fishless tank

Question

would it be less stressfull on the occuants(fowlr) if i use aprox 1/2 water from tank 1 and put it in tank 2. top off tank 1 and tank 2 with new(aged a couple dyas) saltwater... it would amount to basicly a 50% waterchange for each tank.. one tank is 7x2 with a system volume of aprox 260g and the other tank is 6x2 with a system volume of about 240g

opinions please

Octoshark
03/01/2010, 05:05 PM
I would just acclimate the ones from one tank into the other, thats just me though. That way you only have to acclimate half of your fish. If you mix the water from both tanks together then you would have to acclimate all of your fish from both tanks.

iamwrasseman
03/01/2010, 05:15 PM
and me also

Siviak
03/01/2010, 06:08 PM
I tend to agree... whichever tank has the most fish in it becomes home to everybody for the next little while. That way you're acclimating fewer total fishes