PDA

View Full Version : Mag-floats replacing the pad

beckerjm
03/02/2010, 10:25 AM
So my mag-float is not doing as effective a job as when it was new a few years ago - and I need to replace the pad. I know I can buy replacement pads at Marine Depot, but since that is the only thing I need now, the shipping costs are greater than the product! I was wondering if there is any other replacement option. I thought about velcro tape that you can get at a fabric store - but didin't know if that would scratch the glass ??????

AARON167
03/02/2010, 12:00 PM
Try your LFS thats where I bought mine. The LFS had to order mine, they ate the shipping cost. I dont know about velcro tape, I wouldnt risk it, JMO. Good luck

tcinaustin
03/02/2010, 12:03 PM
My LFS carries the replacement pads. I just used the replacement kit. It was a pain to get the glue off but works like a charm now. I have not tried it using store bought velcro. I have seen people just get a algae scrubber pad and put it between the magnet and the glass.
Good Luck!

spamreefnew
03/02/2010, 12:20 PM
i have velcro on mine its the same as before

beckerjm
03/02/2010, 03:38 PM
Spamreefnew - so you've tried the velcro. What do you mean 'its the same as before' - that its now the same as when it was new - or that the velcro didn't improve things and its the same as with the old pad......

liquidlunch
03/02/2010, 03:42 PM
they are all over ebay with cheap shipping...that's where i got mine