PDA

View Full Version : Phosban, Rowaphos, antiphos

maroun.c
03/02/2010, 03:43 PM
Can anyone tell if there is any difference between those 3?
anyone better than the others for some reason?
Is it Ok to use any of those in a TLF phosphate reactor?
Any difference in how much to use and in flow through the reactor with any of those?
So far I ahve been using phosban but my I'm running out of it and can't find it locally so might need to switch to Antiphos by Aquamedic or Rowhaphos by D&D?
I was always told not to use more than 1/2 the recommended dose however that is not able to bring down the phophates to 0 so I will be using the full recommended amount.
Thanks for any tips and suggestions

billdogg
03/02/2010, 04:02 PM
Take a look at www.bulkreefsupply.com - they have great prices on both GFO and carbon, as well as fantastic service/shipping. I usually get stuff in 2 days with standard shipping

As far as the difference in the products mentioned??? IMO, price

andy99
03/02/2010, 04:09 PM
hi i have been using rowaphos for about 3 year and i love the product it doesnot leak anything into your system. once my phosphates got down to 0 i replace once a month and have been dowing the same thing for a very long time hope this helps really don't have expreceinc with other products

maroun.c
03/03/2010, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the replies.
Unfortunately I live accross the globe and can't order everything BRS offers as some of it is restricted on international transport....
any info on how much flow to run these on? I have read conflitcing reports about higher flow causing the particles to rubb on each other and then melt in the water?