PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Jungle vandalism

szymek
03/04/2010, 07:52 AM
That is very sad and disturbing. I really hope this person is caught and brought to justice!

http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2010/03/03/13103016.html

Hopefully pet stores will start investing in cams or people like that are caught.

TampaReefer79
03/04/2010, 08:01 AM
What a moron.

All I can hope is that this idiot goes and brags about it and gets turned in. Then I hope they throw him in jail for 3 years.

Or... :uzi::uzi::uzi:

rott
03/04/2010, 08:21 AM
man that is a horrible thing to go threw I hope the store can recover from this and still open

brandon429
03/04/2010, 08:38 AM
although I doubt it was unintentional pollution in a system as big as the one reported, I've seen rascal kids (lame parents) putting their hands in frag tanks at my LFS where the system was isolated from main systems and this can easily do the same thing to a 60 gallon system.

Radioshack sells camera/security gear for $160 bucks that can freakin put a live image on the web to be monitored but its sad you can't have the homey feeling of walking around in a great shop with no big brother monitoring. people are just scumming out in one way or another no?

LobsterOfJustice
03/04/2010, 08:42 AM
Unfortunately its probably a competing store. I guess possibly a disgruntled customer too. I bet they have a pretty good idea of who did it, but theres no way to prosecute... local store here has video cameras in the store hooked up to a monitor all the customers can see. Great idea if you ask me.

Ali :D
03/04/2010, 09:06 AM
Unfortunately its probably a competing store.

I don't think your far wrong there! There is another LFS with a new similar name to mine and mine is currently taking legal action to get them to change their name as they were called something different and then suddenly decided to change their name I can only assume because ours is doing better. So there have been threats thrown from the other store about this kind of thing!

I hope it doesn't happen for the livestock's sake and I think its horrible what's happened in the story. I think it's bad enough that we take these fish from their homes in the first place never mind taking them and killing them. Makes me mad!!!

lordofthereef
03/04/2010, 10:36 AM
If it really was some sort of bleach (and by the sound of it they used a whole lot), I really doubt there was much suffering involved. I would also tend to think that this is just am extreme prank more than a competing LFS, unless they have mafia ties or something. I see it as too great a risk for losing an entire business, but I could be wrong.

ctrl+f
03/04/2010, 01:04 PM
Unfortunately its probably a competing store. I guess possibly a disgruntled customer too. I bet they have a pretty good idea of who did it, but theres no way to prosecute... local store here has video cameras in the store hooked up to a monitor all the customers can see. Great idea if you ask me.

Having actually been in Indoor Jungle I have to say I would not be surprised if it was an insurance scam.

Awful to say, I know. But the place is brand-new and was undoubtedly extremely expensive to finance, and it is a wreck.

Unfortunately its probably a competing store. I guess possibly a disgruntled customer too.

I am sure all of their competitors and most customers were expecting them to close doors within a month or two.

szymek
03/04/2010, 01:13 PM
Having actually been in Indoor Jungle I have to say I would not be surprised if it was an insurance scam.

Awful to say, but the place is brand new, undoubtedly very expensive to finance, and in a sorry state.

jeez... there is bit interesting discussion going on, on AquariumPros.
http://www.aquariumpros.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=40190

get's interesting on the second page.

whoever is responsible for that... I really hope will get what they deserve.

luther1200
03/04/2010, 04:32 PM
That all sounds very suspicious to me. The guy or somebody that works there probably did it by mistake, or is up to something. And what kind of LFS has 300-400 fish that are endagered species? Isn't that illegal? Once an animal goes on the endagered species list I'm pretty sure you can't collect them, and then sell at a LFS. The guy doesn't sound like he knows what he's talking about, IMO.