PDA

View Full Version : 2 dwarf lionfish?

DoubleM 10
03/05/2010, 05:57 PM
hello, i was setting up a tank and looking at lionfish. the are great looking fish. thats why i like them. i was wondering if i could have 1 dwarf zebra lionfish and 1 fuzzy dwarf lion fish if they are introduced to the tank at the same time. your thoughts would be appreciated. i am very new to the hobby. the more info the better. it would be a FOWLR tank. thanks

troyman
03/05/2010, 08:09 PM
i have 3 dwarfs together they usually go there seperate ways i feed them live food they dont take kindly to frozen they are a shy fish also make sure you have caves for them they usually are upside down in them they dont like the bright light

DoubleM 10
03/05/2010, 08:16 PM
thanks you. what kind are they? how big is your tank? they dont bother each other? thats good news.

robow
03/05/2010, 09:12 PM
At one time I had a medium volitans, a 5 inch zebra, and a 4 inch fuzzy. They were all added at separate times. Lion fish IMO are very peaceful fish and very passive. I feel they get a bad rap that is undeserved, they may eat shrimps, but if well fed they will leave most anything alone.

TFern
03/05/2010, 09:18 PM
I like these guys, but know you are very limited on what other fish you can have with them. I almost pulled the trigger on one when I first started (the past fall), but know I wanted other fish...

spamreefnew
03/05/2010, 10:21 PM
i had a fuzzy dwarf in a 30gal reef with no issues,except that i had to wiggle a frozen silverside in front of him to get him to eat everyday:)

DoubleM 10
03/05/2010, 11:25 PM
my tank will be 35gal. do you think that is plenty of room? i just put the rocks in and left quite a few hiding places. im putting everything together as we speak. i just want to make sure that they will be ok in their. thank you for the responce everyone