PDA

View Full Version : Green Wellso

steved350
03/05/2010, 08:12 PM
I have a green Wellso that I have had for about 8 months now and for the last 5 days it has been retracted all the way back to its skeleton. This guy is one of my favorite corals in my collection and I really dont want to loose it. I came home today to find my mimic tang picking on it. Could it just be that its being picked on or should I be looking for something else. I did do a Brightwell medic dip just in case. Normaly it is blown up about 5 times this size. One other question, should I feed my tangs nori every day since I have almost no algee at all in my display to keep them from picking on my corals. They have never picked on anything before but I have slacked off on the food intake due to a Nitrate problem.

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/steved350/DSC_0182.jpg

preef
03/05/2010, 08:51 PM
Have you added any other corals to the tank in the last couple of days? Could be chemical warfare.

I have a very similar wellso. It too was fully expanded for months after I bought it. Then for some reason it retracted like yours. It's been that way for almost two years. I'm not sure why. I'm starting to think this is its normal state because my tank is now well-established. My tank wasn't that old when I first got it.

I'd check your nitrate, alk, calc, pH, SG, etc... If they look good I wouldn't worry about it.

Av8bluewater
03/05/2010, 10:23 PM
Keep an eye on that fish. I've had a foxface nip on mine. It's hard to kill a wellso. Mine has survived all kinds of things including 91 degree temps.