PDA

View Full Version : question

jkjohnson
03/06/2010, 04:55 PM
I have a Black & White Ocellaris in my 90 gal reef and I'm considering setting up a tank for him and a Anemone. They will be the primary focus of the tank. Any thoughts relative to tank size, type of Anemone, lighting needs would be appreciated I don't want to undersize the tank but I'm also planning on very limited stocking for this tank. Thanks

acharpenter
03/06/2010, 05:03 PM
I just set up a dedicated nem tank - one thing I highly recommend is to make sure to have "nem" safe power head so that if they go for a walk, they wont get chewed up by the PH

Mine is a 46 g and I plan to put a 4 bulb T5 light on it. No sump, just a HOB Reef Octopus BH100 skimmer and the nems are quite happy

garygb
03/06/2010, 07:18 PM
Natural hosts would be H. magnifica or S. gigantea. It can be a challenge getting healthy specimens of either of those, though. A hardier choice that the clowns may or may not take to is Entacmea quadricolor (either a green or rose BTA).

E.intheC
03/06/2010, 11:57 PM
garygb's got it right.

My tank is going to be clown/anemone themed, but it will have other corals and fish.
I think a 45 cube is a perfect size for what you're looking to do. A 250 watt MH pendant over top will be perfect. I like to have anemones in tanks with MH lighting because a.) It's a lot of light and b.) It's a single point of light, so the 'nems will be less likely to move searching for higher light.

jkjohnson
03/07/2010, 11:33 AM
Thanks the input is appreciated