PDA

View Full Version : question for those with "flame" BTAs or other RBTA variants

Jamie1210
03/07/2010, 07:59 PM
For those of you guys with flame rose BTAs, or the other shades of rose BTAs, did your color stay true?

I have about 6-7 roses, and I'm asking because it seems that my flame BTA eventually turned the same color as my other roses! Also, the roses w/the green base seemed to have lost the green. Lets just say that when I originally got my roses, I purchased them w/the intention to have a variety of different rose variations and the colors were different. Then, after about a month, they all started resembling each other.

Note: they are by no means bleached--still a pretty red ... just lacks that crazy yellow/orange that I fell in love with.

Has this happened to anyone else here? Pretty mad bc the extra $$ paid on a flame BTA ended up changing to the color of a regular rose BTA after about a month! lol

clowns101
03/07/2010, 08:14 PM
Mine kept there coloration.

Randy Holmes-Farley
03/08/2010, 03:31 PM
Some of the special color anemones online are bleached, including BTA's and especially H. crispas.

I recently bought a bright green with bright orange tipped BTA from Reef Hot Spot, and it is just brown now as it acquired zoox. :(

skyrne_isk
03/17/2010, 07:22 AM
You can put me in that basket as well.....light green and orange on the ends only retained the color for about a month. You can still tell the pigments are there just very much anymore.

Some of the special color anemones online are bleached, including BTA's and especially H. crispas.

I recently bought a bright green with bright orange tipped BTA from Reef Hot Spot, and it is just brown now as it acquired zoox. :(

isseym328
03/17/2010, 01:53 PM
Had my flame rbta for a couple months now....still looking pretty good. I'll see how it looks 6 months down the line...

Sfork
03/17/2010, 06:30 PM
my light green with orange tips colored up to a normal dark gbta with purple tips

blownz281
03/17/2010, 08:09 PM
I'm happy I saw this post!! I have been eyeing RFS nems for weeks. I have a GBTA with purple tips. The green with orange tips really caught my eye and was thinking about buying it. Maybe they are putting dye in them somehow? I read on here that some vendors dye there nems and they die months later or bleach out real bad and if the tank is perfect they will come back. Or maybe lack of something in captivity causes it?

velvetelvis
03/17/2010, 09:50 PM
Or a lot of places are just willing to rip people off by selling them stressed, unhealthy animals, on the assumption that they won't know any better...I've seen so many anemones offered, both online and in stores, that to even my inexpert eyes looked bleached, withered, and sickly. :hmm2:

Sfork
03/18/2010, 02:22 AM
I'm happy I saw this post!! I have been eyeing RFS nems for weeks. I have a GBTA with purple tips. The green with orange tips really caught my eye and was thinking about buying it. Maybe they are putting dye in them somehow? I read on here that some vendors dye there nems and they die months later or bleach out real bad and if the tank is perfect they will come back. Or maybe lack of something in captivity causes it?

they aren't dyed just light deprived. If you want a flame / tipped anything it's better to buy a clone from someone who has one.

38bill
03/18/2010, 07:22 PM
Like Sfork said. Try to buy a clone. I have a nice purple w/ green tips, several fluorescent pinks and a bright, lime green with bright pink tips. All were purchased from clones were I could see the "mother" and they all have kept the exact colors. Now I just need to get the lime colored one to start splitting.

savageAJC
03/19/2010, 10:55 PM
wheres that picture " This thread is worthless without pics!" haha i want to see pics!!!!! =p

WDLV
03/21/2010, 08:12 AM
I've had my RBTAs for several years. The amount of green at the oral disc seems to be related to light intensity. The more light and flow, the less green they exhibit.

WDLV
03/21/2010, 08:24 AM
These are all clones of the same anemone, but as you can see, they do vary a little depending on conditions.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e92/walterlaroque/1-2008/U-CameraShots044.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e92/walterlaroque/4-2009/4-22-2009007.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e92/walterlaroque/6-2008/6-08-2008010.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e92/walterlaroque/5-2008/5-1-08056.jpg

hillscp
03/21/2010, 11:13 AM
I got this Rose last weekend. There were two and they were identical. I assume they are clones. I'll update in a month with the same camera settings and Light. The color isn't quite right in the picture. The tips are more of a glowing orange/peach than pink. but it's pretty close.

BTW, he found this spot within 3 hrs of me getting him acclimated and in the tank and hasn't moved since. I have fed him twice during the week (frozen scallop) and he takes the food quickly. He even grabs Spectrum pellets.

http://chicowoodnut.home.comcast.net/~chicowoodnut/images/RC/Nem/IMG_0961Small.JPG