PDA

View Full Version : marine ich

lunchmeat
03/07/2010, 09:32 PM
im going to ask this again as my last thread got hijacked i have a simple 40 gal saltwater tank no coral or any reef reg light and a biowheel filter i have 2 clowns, 2 damsels shrimp lawmower blenny and yellow tang.I had a blue tang but it died from this.Its seems that my blue tang got ich (white spots looks like salt on fish) ok as i said my blue tang has died and now my yellow tang has the same thing on it he is still eating and looking good execpt for the spots.then i look on the glass and seen some little wiggley worms real small.
i got some parasite clear from tank buddies then quick cure and used this for one day and it went away then the next night it came back after i turned the light on i now i have used coppersafe 2 days ago the ich went away and now again its back what do i do I do not have a qt tank can any one tell me what is going on and what to do y is it coming back.also what r the little like worms on the side of the tank that goes away when the ich does and somes back is this a late stage of the ich.

also no other fish have gotten the white spots just the tangs

RBU1
03/08/2010, 05:56 AM
im going to ask this again as my last thread got hijacked i have a simple 40 gal saltwater tank no coral or any reef reg light and a biowheel filter i have 2 clowns, 2 damsels shrimp lawmower blenny and yellow tang.I had a blue tang but it died from this.Its seems that my blue tang got ich (white spots looks like salt on fish) ok as i said my blue tang has died and now my yellow tang has the same thing on it he is still eating and looking good execpt for the spots.then i look on the glass and seen some little wiggley worms real small.
i got some parasite clear from tank buddies then quick cure and used this for one day and it went away then the next night it came back after i turned the light on i now i have used coppersafe 2 days ago the ich went away and now again its back what do i do I do not have a qt tank can any one tell me what is going on and what to do y is it coming back.also what r the little like worms on the side of the tank that goes away when the ich does and somes back is this a late stage of the ich.

also no other fish have gotten the white spots just the tangs

Well that is not a good way to start off and ask for help....

Your thread was hijacked but contained many answers to your questions...

Good luck finding your answer. But your rude attitude will no longer get my advice.

OH and for the record.....You never even answered my questions in that thread.

krowleey
03/08/2010, 10:39 AM
you need to use the search feature, or use google. the only way to get rid of ich is with a QT tank, for the people that refuse to use one, will always have problems with ich. copper and hypo are the only true ways to eliminate this parasite. Feeding fish at best is a bandaid and more times than not is a total waste.

tahoe61
03/08/2010, 10:55 AM
Yes your thread was hijacked.

You should stop worrying about the white worm looking things, it is probably part of the normal flora and funa of a marine tank.

You need to do the research, make a plan and stick with it. By the description you provided you are throwing everything you can think of at this problem without doing the proper research.

Nothing is going to kill marine ich in a couple of days. There are many treatments for it, but you have to follow through. It takes time energy and patience.

To properly assist you, you need to provide pictures if possible, all tank parameters including temp and SG.

Running a filter with carbon in it is going to remove or delute any medications you put in the tank.

And lastly you have too many fish in a 40 gal tank, the yellow tang needs at least a 75 gal tank. I suspect your problems are caused by poor water quality, stressed out fish and over crowding.

After reading your orignal thread your thread did get hijacked, but all of the above still applies. Basically need more information and pics if possible. Hopefully this time you will get more focused information.

tahoe61
03/08/2010, 11:35 AM
There are a couple current threads open regarding marine ich, you may want to look at those too.

You want to make sure of the disease you are treating.

Clownfish and tangs are very prone to marine ich and if you are treating for ich you want to make sure there is nothing that you add to the tank that will distroy the bacterial bed and ruin your tank for future inverts and corals,

Treating with copper is usually very effective, but you need to know the copper level and if you use it your display tank you will probably never be able to keep inverts and corals in it.

Peter Eichler
03/08/2010, 11:50 PM
This was posted in your other thread. It will explain a lot if you read it.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1752607