PDA

View Full Version : Extra pair of clowns?

celamb89
03/08/2010, 04:34 PM
Hi everyone!

So I'm going to upgrade my 42 gal DT to a 140DT, I currently have a LTA with an ocellaris, I'm going to add another juvenile ocellaris to the tank but I would like to add another RBTA with a pair of Picasso clowns on the other side of the tank (hopefully the new nem will stay on that side of the tank),

my doubt is,
could everybody live happly ever after, one pair of ocellaris hosting LTA plus one pair of picassos hosting RBTA?
What other Pair could I add if not picassos?

Thanks for the posts and suggestions!

celamb89
03/08/2010, 04:36 PM
Should I add the nem first and then the new pair of clowns? Or if I do that will the ocellaris claim it as new territory?

Or should everything go in at the same time?

Toddrtrex
03/08/2010, 04:51 PM
I would just stick with one pair, which ever you like best. Having 2 pairs in the tank might work in the short term, but the odds are very good that there will be issues later on. And if one pair ever starts to spawn, I wouldn't be surprised if they killed the other pair.

celamb89
03/08/2010, 05:43 PM
Ok! Thanks I guess I'll stick to the ocellaris since I've had it for two years now. Even if the picassos are awsome I love my ocellaris hehe.

I still want to add the RBTA! I've read that it might be a problem or maybe not. I really like nems and would like to add the second one. Any tips suggestions? Has anyone kept different types of nems in one tank? (LTA + RBTA)

hartnell
03/09/2010, 09:38 PM
I have carpet and LTA inhttp://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu183/johnchrishartnell/118_0254.jpg my 150 no problems in 2 years and 3 types of clowns clarki's rule the nems though gold stripe maroon has her own clump of mushrooms

celamb89
03/10/2010, 11:55 AM
I have carpet and LTA

Great looking tank hartnell! Congratulations,

popper231
03/10/2010, 05:07 PM
very nice setup. i have two clowns in a nano, they seem to be getting along fine, do they really need anemone or something to hang around? because i have a 300 but hesitatant to move them there, since i don't plan to have any anemone. shrooms?

lougotzz
03/10/2010, 05:11 PM
Someone should make a sticky saying one pair of clowns to a tank. It seems everyday someone asks can I keep another pair of clowns with my existing pair.