PDA

View Full Version : RO water from wally wold

twintrades
03/08/2010, 07:21 PM
Ok so im tyring to figure out how to get water from wallmart to mytank. Our local walmart has a RO filtration water station. I have some water cooler bottels from cullagan.(2) they had water with floride in them. Could i just swirl some tap water in there and rinse them out ?? Then get my RO water and bring it home for my tank ?

BTW is 29 galon tank

Crustman
03/08/2010, 08:29 PM
Just go to Walmart and buy the 7 gallon tank in the sporting goods section. They are blue drinking safe plastic with a spigot. I carry the Culligan water in these and have zero TDS

twintrades
03/08/2010, 09:56 PM
The ro water shoudl be good from walmart ? Might have to get a water container. any other awnsers?

ziege
03/08/2010, 10:10 PM
Just go to Walmart and buy the 7 gallon tank in the sporting goods section

+1. They are handy no matter what. I have a couple.

twintrades
03/09/2010, 07:04 AM
Ok but is the container from culligan ok for now??

It had flouridated water in it. Could i swirl around some water in that and rinse it out to put some water in?

Im 10 miles from town so multiple trips to there would eat up gas.

dwd5813
03/09/2010, 07:24 AM
have you thought about getting your own rodi unit? you can get them to your door for around 200 bucks (less in some cases) and have perfect water available any time you want it. you'll have the initial layout of cash but in the end (faster than you might think, actually) it'll pay for itself in savings and make the issues surrounding water much easier on you.

twintrades
03/09/2010, 08:19 AM
yea i thought about that but i have crap water. we have a softener and a nutralizer. And still you can taste the impurities. i thought thr ro unit would just crap out. or be too expensive to maintain.

sowellj
03/09/2010, 08:22 AM
I would second getting your own unit. Going to walmart for water is going to get to be a pain.

bmiller1234
03/09/2010, 08:28 AM
By the time you buy containers and make 5 or 6 trips you will have spent the same as buying your own unit. Don't go by taste for impurities. buy a tds on eBay for twenty bucks and see how bad your water really is you might be surprised.

Your own unit is one of the best things you can get. There's so many threads in here of people pannicking cause its midnight. They have no water and the store is closed.

Chris27
03/09/2010, 10:15 AM
For piece of mind, mix a little vinegar and water and swirl it around the buckets, then give them a good rinse with FW and you should be good to go.

ChuckG
03/09/2010, 10:30 AM
I am with the others.. buy your own unit.

I did the vending machine water trick on a tank many years ago.. and I think that water was not always up to par. You have no way of knowing when the filters are changed with a vending machine. Too many $$$ to risk here... even with a small reef tank.

twintrades
03/10/2010, 06:38 AM
YAAY !!!:bounce2: :bounce1: :bounce2: Screw walmart i went to our local foster and smith retail store and got FREE RODI !! And can get it when ever i want ! THanks LFS :love1:

so our tank now has sand and water in it the SG is good ad im ordering rock tonight ! Youll hear more fom me im shure!