PDA

View Full Version : Titan Trigger?

nosquids
03/08/2010, 08:35 PM
I just aquired what I believe to be a Titan Trigger. Can any of you pros give me a ya or nay? If it is I might need a little insight as to what I need to feed him and care for him and such. I have a 55 gallon tank right now which I think might be a little small for this 5" monster! Let me know what you guys think and if anyone wants to trade for something more sensible :rollface:

jmccown
03/08/2010, 09:56 PM
yep it's a titan! Titan's have moustache. Starry/Pineapple does not.

jwm2k3
03/08/2010, 10:13 PM
WOW! That is one BAD AZZ fish. I love it. Im sure you will get a bunch of responses about tank size, and the aggressiveness of this fish. It WILL need to eventually be housed in a MUCH larger tank. And this fish has the propensity to kill all other tankmates. Might not happen today or in the next few months, but it will be the last one left in the tank. I think its a great fish for a 6 foot tank, as the ONLY fish in there. Im sure many will say thay have kept one and it was fine...etc, etc. In the long term, it needs a tank bigger than a 55, no disputing that. Good Luck! Its beautiful!

jwm2k3
03/08/2010, 10:17 PM
As far as feeding him, fresh or frozen shrimp/squid/scallup from the grocery store is your best bet! He will LOVE it. I also used to pick up a fresh clam or two and just remove one side of the shell and within minutes Id have a CLEAN shell on the bottom of the tank. Its a carnivore! Its easy to feed! Good Luck!

nosquids
03/08/2010, 10:43 PM
Thanks I appreciate the info. I took him and a 6" Sailfin Tang they were the smallest guys in the tank! I knew they where to big for my 55 but I was about to get a 120 but that deal fell through and I already commited to these guys. I hope someone can use him in there 180 thats where he really needs to be! Thanks

AngelsAnonymous
03/09/2010, 05:20 AM
Where do you live? These triggers get 3ft, you'll need a HUGE tank to house them for life.