PDA

View Full Version : Something's wrong with my bta.

Bigshow
03/08/2010, 09:50 PM
Past couple of days the nem has been wanting to go under the rocks and into the shade and he doesnt look very healthy either. Perimeters look good do you think the lighting is too strong for him they are t5's and Ive had him for almost 2 months now with no problems. Tanks been running for over a year.

nanoty
03/08/2010, 10:28 PM
I am not a anemone expert by any stretch but mine did this for a few days. I fed it some mysis and it started to poke out more and more. It still stays under at night but stretches out during the day almost like its waiting to be fed. Looks better now too. Just my experience.

attml
03/08/2010, 10:56 PM
Has it been eating up until this point? Good coloration? Been increasing in size?

eclown
03/09/2010, 10:57 AM
May also be splitting...mine seemed to do the same when splitting. Just keep offering food(small like krill or smaller) when extended. Don't force it if it does not grab food...try again when lighting conditions change. I've had bubbles that ate mostly in low light and the one currentley have is lunch time beast.

Fading spectrum in bulbs can also be a factor...otherwise just monitor it. I'm curious to hear what happens.