PDA

View Full Version : stand alone doser problem

riverview
03/09/2010, 07:06 PM
Hello my stand alone doser # 3 pump is stuck on !
i unplugged and plugged back in still nothing .
It acts like the red manual button is stuck in manual dose.
any help would be appreciatted
jasper

AQD_ottawa
03/09/2010, 08:21 PM
Hi

Contact us at sales@aqua-digital.com for support

Ken Good
03/12/2010, 07:21 AM
A doser stuck on, that would be a bummer.

Ken

AQD_ottawa
03/12/2010, 07:26 AM
we have seen this looking at our support records 4 times in 3 years, and here is the exact reason every single time. (providing it is not a programming issue of course)

Dosers are often placed below tank level (NEVER DO THIS!!) and water can run down the cable at the back and straight onto the main board. the symptom is dosing pump always on (often pump 3) and 1 x fried rear board.

Dosing pump units must be treated the same way as the profilux controller and that is water and unit do not mix just like any electronic device.

The good news is if you did make this mistake we supply the rear boards at our landed cost. We all make mistakes and we do not penalise our clients for being human ;)

Ken Good
03/12/2010, 10:02 AM
I built a stand for my controller and doser and they sit right above my dosing containers and this is well above the water level of the sump.

Ken

tnoblett
03/14/2010, 01:19 PM
you may have programing conflicts with your digital powerbar. did you assign the powerbar to 1 - 6 and the doser to 7 - 10 (if you have 4 of them)? it could be reading one of your switchable sockets, not the doser.

they need to be programmed seperately with each plugged directly to the computer, then switch and re-program the doser, then daisy chain them back together.

just a different thought...