PDA

View Full Version : Need Ocellaris Help

QuickCarl
03/09/2010, 07:37 PM
I bought two ocellaris clowns six days ago, put them in a 20gal tank with nothing else. I wasn't thinking of breeding them, just thought It'd be nice to have a pair of clowns.

Anyway I haven't seen them eat anything offered. Frozen brine, mysis, and three different types of flake, and spinach...not a bite that I can see.

Any thoughts on other things they like? I've never had a clown that wouldn't eat flake and brine...

ocellaris123
03/09/2010, 07:43 PM
All you can really do is to keep trying, and keep giving a variety of different foods. You can try soaking the food in garlic or selcon.

Trademark
03/09/2010, 10:10 PM
are these wild caught, I'm thinking they must be if not eating, live brine might be what you need to start with, they could just be stressed, try to reduce stress by turnign off the lights for a couple of days and lights on when only feeding, just my 2 cents

QuickCarl
03/10/2010, 09:50 AM
are these wild caught, I'm thinking they must be if not eating, live brine might be what you need to start with, they could just be stressed, try to reduce stress by turnign off the lights for a couple of days and lights on when only feeding, just my 2 cents

I got them at the LFS. I honestly don't know if that means they are tank bred or wild.

Going with the low stress approach either way...