PDA

View Full Version : *** is my anenome doing!?

erayk1
03/09/2010, 11:33 PM
So I had a very large BTA in one of my tanks and it split on its own two days ago. Today they both looked happy like nothing had ever happened. Now I noticed my tank is milky colored and I saw one of the BTA's excreting a white substance to the point that it looked like it was smoking in the tank.... Anyone know what I should do or if I should be worried??? Polyps are still out on all my corals and everything else seems to be ok for now... Has this happened to anyone else?

~ Elliot:eek2:

Toddrtrex
03/09/2010, 11:43 PM
It is most likely spawning. Need to figure out if it was spawning because it has the extra energy or because it is stressed.

As for what to do right now, I would run some fresh carbon, skim a bit wetter, and if you have some water made up, do a water change --- but if you don't, not a huge deal.

WDLV
03/10/2010, 11:05 AM
I agree with what Todd said but I would lean toward stressed because they split around the same time that they spawned.

erayk1
03/10/2010, 02:12 PM
Hmm... Level are all looking good. Only about 10ppm nitrate and that is what it usually runs in that tank. The tank has been up for about 5 years... Still think it's from stress??

WDLV
03/10/2010, 02:46 PM
It's hard to say. It could be other factors too. Temp, lighting, SG, and other non-measurable parameters.... Or it could just be coincidence.