PDA

View Full Version : anemones and zoanthids

mattdamon
03/10/2010, 12:44 AM
hey all
I am new to the marine scene i have become inspired from moberts anemone and clown tank ( the sticky above this thread).
My question is will it be possible/difficult to keep around anemones and zoanthids in the same aquarium being 140gal 4x2x2.5 if so how many, and will it be necessary to have MH lighting or will T5/LED be sufficient

Thanks for your help
Damon
p.s these forums are awesome

SaylorsReef
03/10/2010, 01:01 AM
They will be fine together. You will want to keep the anemones from touching your zoanthids. They can sting them.

Toddrtrex
03/10/2010, 01:01 AM
[welcome]

All 3 of my tanks have Haddoni carpet anemones in them, and each tank also has Zoas in there too. Never had any issues, unless a zoa get too close to the anemone, which stings it.

StillerNat
03/10/2010, 01:10 AM
make sure you get a nem that doesnt move around alot. bubble tips are movers. my rose bubble tip was aweful in stingin all my zoos in its patch.
get a nem like a carpet or one that will stay put in the sandbed so you can keep the zoas up on the rocks.

you would need to upgrade to a T5 or MH setup to keep a nem. most likely for some zoas too. but you can keep zoas with PC lights, but you'll get better results with better lights.

SaylorsReef
03/10/2010, 02:29 AM
Anemones move when they are unhappy. More importantly, it needs to be a well established tank before introducing an anemone.

WDLV
03/10/2010, 11:03 AM
Theis is what anemones do to zoos and other adjacent corals.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e92/walterlaroque/1-2008/DSC00330.jpg