PDA

View Full Version : Tomato clown Q:?

lunchmeat
03/10/2010, 03:47 PM
I have one tomato clown. Is it ok to put other types of clowns with him? It seems hard to find tomatos around here plus I really want a black clown fishy:lol2:

lougotzz
03/10/2010, 05:06 PM
No. I have a tomato, and an ocellaris in the same tank, the tomato has got to go. The ocellars is actually the dominant of the two.

clowns101
03/10/2010, 06:40 PM
Probably wont work!Tomatos can be very mean and nasty!

lunchmeat
03/13/2010, 08:15 PM
Well I went out and got him a another tomato to hang out with and he beat up on the new one the whole first day. I thought he was gonna kill the new one. But now they are hanging out like best buddies! :)

velvetelvis
03/14/2010, 08:42 AM
It's not really "buddies", it's actually a mating thing...they're eventually going to form a pair, with the larger, more dominant clown becoming a sexually mature female (which, depending on how long you've had the first one, "he" might already be), and the other becoming a sexually mature male. If you see them squabbling even after the new fish has settled into the tank, that's what's happening--they're trying to hash out who's going to be the female (aka, in charge) and who's going to be the male. :)