PDA

View Full Version : My picasso won't pair

Mirugai
03/10/2010, 07:46 PM
I have a pair of picasso that's been in my tank for a month. The larger one always chases the other one away. They both live in two opposite corners, above the tank. Whenever the smaller one gets closer to the bigger one's corner, the bigger one would chase him away.
I used to have a BTA that settled on the bottom half of the rock, but none of these clowns were interested in it. And a week ago I had to gave that BTA back to LFS because it stung my acan colony. Do you guys recommend any nem that won't sting any of its neighbor?

Thanks

Trademark
03/10/2010, 08:30 PM
Picassos might not pair up right now, I would try rearrangeing your aquascape to temporary confuse the clowns and maybe the male can get close

jsharp1
03/11/2010, 06:47 AM
You could try a haddoni. I don't think they are as prone to "walk around" like the BTA , but there sting is more potent and they could possibly eat your fish as well. They get pretty big in size too, so would be best to have a larger size tank. These guys like to sit on the sand, so it would be better if you had a somewhat deep sandbed. Oh, think they are somewhat difficult to acclimate, especially if they have been shipped.

BTW, this is not based on my experience, just that I have been reading up on these guys. Maybe someone with actual experience with these could give you a better response. Good luck!