PDA

View Full Version : MP20 possessed by demons

marie
03/10/2010, 11:08 PM
I have a 5 month old MP20 that's giving me grief. I can't tell you whats wrong other then every time I leave the room it quits (as in every thing shuts down) .
It's happened over and over again, it runs fine for awhile and then quits and always when I'm not there to see how it quits or what led lights flash before it shuts down

I can tell you it's not the dry side because I put another wet side on and it ran perfectly for a week.

I have been sitting here for an hour and it's running fine....for now

EcoTech Marine
03/11/2010, 09:19 AM
The old wet side is probably drawing too much current which is tripping the fuse. I recommend that it be cleaned and inspected. If after this the propeller doesn't spin freely the best thing to do is contact us and we'll get you taken care of.

marie
03/11/2010, 10:11 AM
The old wet side is probably drawing too much current which is tripping the fuse. I recommend that it be cleaned and inspected. If after this the propeller doesn't spin freely the best thing to do is contact us and we'll get you taken care of.

I have inspected it minutely with a magnifying glass and can see no signs of rubbing or binding anywhere. This has been going on for a few weeks now and is driving me crazy lol

It is still running this morning so I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I need the other wetside for a different tank. I have 4 vortechs in total and I love these things.... tunzes just can't compare :thumbsup:

pecan2phat
03/18/2010, 12:35 PM
Marie,
I've had the same problem also with an MP20. I have four MP40W without any problems. I just spoke to Jeff from Ecotech a few minutes ago and he had me disengage the pump disconnect feature on the phone with him. I did this at my office since I had the pump packed and ready to ship back to them for the 3rd time but it seemed to work. Guess you can also try that to see if the disconnect function is an issue.